Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Remembering Drayton Station

Drayton Station Archive 1

WHO’S old and lives in Drayton? I’m writing up Drayton Station and I could do with a bit of local knowledge. The station closed in the late 60s so I need someone with more than a few grey hairs,

If I’ve got things right, Station Road is to the immediate right of this photo, making the building to the right of the footbridge the station itself. It’s the left hand side of the tracks which I need help with. Were there sidings over there? And what are those white gates all about? Was this perhaps an area where cattle were kept before getting on cattle trucks? If you remember Drayton Station in its heyday please email me at sanddsilk@btinternet.com or leave a comment below. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment